Sonic Forms 3.0.1807A Released
By Denis Grey
on Tuesday, January 9th, 2019
A new version of Sonic Forms is now available to all current customers. This release includes updates and improvements to:
Note the complementary products Sonic Forms Document Manager and Sonic Forms Document Display are licensed independently from Sonic Forms. You may not have access to these products if your license does not include them.
- Sonic Forms
- VA Redirector
- Sonic Forms Document Manager
- Sonic Forms Document Display
3.0.1807A Release Notes
Highlights - Sonic Forms
- Address Management improvements
- Preferred fields for Primary Addresses (i.e. Mailing, Billing and Shipping) are now rendered as radio buttons instead of checkboxes.
- If a preferred address is set (e.g. Home) where an address does not exist then that address will be created in iMIS.
- Activity record support
- Activity record Form Parts are now fully supported in this release.
- Button Form Part Improvements
- Mouseover Text - Buttons can now have optional mouseover text added to them to help document the exact behaviour that users can expect when selecting an option on your form.
- CSS Class - Buttons can now have a specific CSS Class added to them to change the button format. This allows you to style your buttons individually. For example, a “Delete this Record” button could be displayed in Red instead of using a standard button style. In addition, buttons can be restyled as hyperlinks if appropriate using simple CSS changes.
- Improved Interface - As part of the functional changes noted above the button Form Part selections have been reorganized and regrouped for clarity and ease of use.
- Compatibility with iMIS Service Pack “K” and Higher
Highlights - Sonic Forms Document Display, Document Manager, VA Redirector
- Updated Admin Interface
- A new and cleaner administrative interface has been added to Document Display. The “Update Settings” button displays administrative options in a pop-up window and a help link has been added to the display.
- SEQN option added to “Where” clause for Activity Records
- Activity records can now be addressed by SEQN using the “Where” options. This means that these fields can load/save inputs based on the SEQN of the activity record as well as other available fields on the activity record. Note that the SEQN number needs to be exposed through a custom business object in iMIS as it is not available via the standard Activity business object.
- Sign-up Fields - Confirm Email
- Fixed issue with Confirm Email field stopping page from loading any fields below the Confirm Email field on a form.
- Enhanced error message when the Confirm Email field is used without the primary email field on a form.
- Improved Procedure Error Handling
- In certain cases, unusual errors returned by a form’s stored procedures would sometime be interpreted as a “success” scenario and the form would complete processing without notifying the user of the problem.
- Read-only field management
- Fixed issue with read-only fields either:
- writing no data to iMIS or
- storing a description instead of code or vice-versa.
- Additional Issues Resolved
- Fixed issue with transient SQL error appearing during update/install process.
- Fixed issues with Currency field not saving inputs and not accepting values in $0.00 format.
- Fixed conflict when an integer field on a Multi-Instance table was set to “Load Last” and “Save New” when a field was Read Only where the system would store the value as 0.
Sonic Forms Document Manager
- Language Setting Change Error
- Fixed error when setting language from English to French/Spanish
- Display Refresh Issue
- Improved responsiveness of display when changing options between Download Only, Upload Only and Manage Documents modes